Here are two videos that show a little more about me!
Help me achieve my Olympic Dream!
- My name is Morgan Tracey, and I am an US Skeleton Athlete, attorney, former Americorps Volunteer, and former Hot Shot wildland firefighter. I loved everything about fighting fire. Being a hotshot really is the best job in the world, and my bosses were incredible.
- I am an Olympic hopeful in the sport of skeleton, and I need your help! I have been in the sport of skeleton for five years, and until today I have worked three jobs, and managed to scrape together enough to compete internationally for the United States. However, with only two years until the Olympics I need some help to achieve my dream, and I want you to be a part of my team.
Why I'm Raising Funds
- Skeleton athletes are almost entirely self-funded, and training is a full-time job. I currently work 3 jobs, and work over 55 hrs a week to keep my dream alive. I also train from 2-4 hours a day, 6 days a week. I am giving it everything I have. Unfortunately, it just isn't enough. I need some help. Here are some of my upcoming expenses:
- 2 sets of runners $2,000
- A new set of spikes $380
- A new speedsuit $1000
- Travel to and from Calgary twice and ice house time at $275 an hour.
- Travel for the upcoming season. The season includes 4 domestic races, and 8 international races. It costs about $1000 a week to compete in Europe.
- Baggage fees can be over $300 each time we travel.
- Race fees are $45 for each race, with most runs costing $15-$30 a run. We usually take 2 runs a day.
- $100 a day to stay at the Olympic Training Center in Lake Placid, NY
- I could not have gotten this far without my family. My brothers helped me buy my first sled and my runners. Not only is my famiy the most important thing in my life, but they are my biggest support system! Come join me and my family, it is a pretty awesome team!
Don't worry if you can't donate, I've got something better!
Maybe you know of someone who can help, spread the word! If you know of someone who would love to help, or a company that is looking for an athlete to represent them, I am your girl! Why not let me be your tax deductable charitable donation? Or if you have any extra airline miles, those help too! I would also love to hear your encouraging words and keep those fast thoughts coming. They have gotten me this far!
If you have any questions or just want to reach out check out my website and shoot me an email. http://www.morgantracey.us
Thank you for your support! GO TEAM USA!